Heavy Machine Bun
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This is an infinite top-down shooter arcade game where you can only shoot and dash. This game was made by 4 people as a submission for Touhou Station Jam 2021 within under a week's deadline.
- left click to shoot
- right click to dash, you are invincible the first half of the dash but not the second half
- Press R to restart if something is wrong
- Press esc to quit the game
Rules and Mechanics:
- You will switch weapons every 10 seconds depending on which side of the arena you are at, switch side to "transfer department" of weapon manufacturer to get desired weapon.
- Upcoming weapons are previewed, as well as bonuses that come with it.
- Staying on one consistent side every time the timer hits zero earns you favors towards that side.
- The more favors you have, the higher your score multiplier.
- Switching sides will grant you health, but will also reset your current Multiplier and Favor Gauge.
- Overhealing at Max HP gives you a HP part, collect 2 to gain a Max HP (up to 9)
- Enemies spawn endlessly and keep getting harder, defeat them and don't get hit.
- Survive, aim for a high score and good luck.
- Normal movement? haha, who needs that!
- Everii (@Eveiira): pixel artist
- Iced_Lemon (@Iced_Lemon_Draw): Game designer/ Programmer
- Sorasu (@slasco_art): Soundtrack Composer/ Illustrator
- Kappamin (@kappamin): Illustrator
- LittleRobotSoundFactory: Additional sfx
- laspider45 : for play testing
- Ferdy's Lab : for play testing and creating a guide
- Extruderx : for creating the cursed monolith challenge run that inspires this game
- Touhou Station : for hosting the game jam
version 1.1 change log:
- Updated the tutorial to include mentions of building up max HP
- You can now press esc to quit at any screen
- R key is used to restart the game now instead of the backspace
- Added a proper credits window
- Updated the main menu
- Highscore now displays on the title screen
- Gameplay tracks are now being played one after another instead of being randomized
- Heavy machine gun rework: starting fire rate is the maximum, but now starts out very inaccurate, gets accurate over time
- Ying yang orbs now bounces at their edges instead of their center point
- Increased triple weapon's fire rate
- Increased shotgun damage
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed the custom cursor issue
- Fixed a bug that the right weapon preview card will not flash when you are over it
- Fixed a bug where 2 waves spawn at the same time
- Fixed a bug where the kappa portraits will not flash red when their weapon was chosen
- Fixed a bug where heavy machine gun will not reset after letting go the mouse
- Revolver projectiles collisions are more consistent when in close range
- New weapons:
- Shooting star: a revolver that shoots phasing bullets, phases 1-2 times once traveled through a wall, piercing
- Spray & pray: high fire rate weapon with a wide firing radius, good AOE weapon but quite inaccurate
- Shockwave: a shotgun that shoots 360 around the player, can also clear surrounding bullets, no recoil, can be used defensively
- Morning star: surround yourself with drills, makes you defensive against to melee enemies but not enemy bullets, no recoil, more of a defensive weapon
- Bouncer: a revolver that shoots bouncing bullets, bounces 3 times, piercing, it is surprisingly easy to land trick shots without doing so
Disclaimer: Touhou Project original concept, characters, and other elements are the property of ZUN and Team Shanghai Alice. This game is a fan made work and is not affiliated with or endorsed by the original creators. Please support the official series. Wiki: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.